These beginners will become comfortable jumping into water with and without a lifejacket. They'll learn to open their eyes, exhale and hold their breath underwater. They'll work on floats, glides and kicking through the water on their front and back.
- Enter and exit shallow water
- Jump into chest-deep water
- Jump into deep water wearing PFD
- Tread water 30 sec. wearing PFD
- Hold breath underwater 5 sec.
- Submerge and exhale 5 times
- Open eyes underwater
- Float on front and back 5 sec. each
- Roll laterally front to back and back to front
- Glide on front, back and side 3 m each
- Flutter kick on front and back 5 m each
- Front crawl 5 m wearing PFD
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket; Check the Ice; Swim to Survive