Water polo, or Water ball, is a team water sport. The playing team consists of six field players and one goalkeeper. The winner of the game is the team that scores the most goals. Game play involves swimming, treading water (using a sort of kicking motion known as "eggbeater kick"), players passing the ball while being defended by opponents, and scoring by throwing the ball into a net defended by a goalie.
- Ages 16 and up are able to participate in Wednesday night water polo. If anyone under the age of 16 wants to participate they may only do so at the discretion of the head guard.
- Water polo will run every Wednesday night during the season for 1 hour.
- Participants will be divided into two even teams and play.
- Red benches will be turned over on either end of the pool and teams are attempting to score a point by hitting the red bench with the soccer ball.
- After 30 minutes of play teams will switch defensive ends of the pool so that both have an equal amount of time in the shallow end and deep end.
Dates: Wednesday (until the pool closes)
Times: 7:45 PM - Close (dark)
Ages: 16+ up
We will continue this throughout the summer as long as we have enough people coming out.